Sunday 14 November 2021

Day 20 and 21: Another weekend bites the dust

Today my daughter woke me up at 6am. I wasn't dozing, I was full-on fast asleep and was ripped from my slumber to wide-awakeness in about 2 milliseconds. And guess what? It was fine. I felt a bit groggy and disorientated. But I was able to get up, smile, cuddle her. Mornings without hangovers are pretty special things.

So, what did I do this weekend?

1. Went for park walks each morning with the kids and dog.
2. Swam and sunbathed with a book by the pool.
3. Went for breakfast with old friends and new. There were babies, sunshine, lattes and sodas. Normally there would be beers, but it was fine.
4. Took two family bike rides - one in the burning sun, one in the rain.
5. Went grocery shopping at the fancy deli with my daughter. Bought our chocolate advent calendars even though it's mid-November.
6. Went for a run. Yes, you heard right. Got myself back into running and did a not-too shabby 6km loop. I was slow, but hey, I'm baaaaack!
7. Shopped at the craft store and got a few different shades of wool to make pompoms and teeny tiny bobble hats. We made a few prototypes, ready for Christmas season to properly commence on December 1st.
8. Finally took down the Halloween decorations and put them in storage rather than just dumping them in the kids room.
9. Took myself for a pedicure and foot massage.
10. Got my embroidery basket out and embroidered a very respectable fir tree (though I ran out of the dark green thread halfway down the tree).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here we go again

 Another year, another post.  Day 9 Not too bad. Am still feeling tired in the mornings, and headachy, but giddy with joy, that it's not...