Monday 1 November 2021

Day 8: Beginning of week 2 sober

What can I say? A very very normal day.

Not feeling high or low. Just content I guess.

One thing I will say is how much more comfortable I feel saying and feeling that I am 'Sober Curious' or sticking it to Big Alcohol, rather than in recovery from a 'problem'. I'd rather be accused of following some hipster trend than admit to myself or others than I need to cut alcohol out of my life because I can't stop after one or two.

It's like the old story of good AIDS and bad AIDS (good AIDS = hard-working A&E nurse sits on loaded needle; bad AIDS = junkie male prostitute catches AIDS while cottaging down in the park toilets). 

I might be closer to park guy than nurse gal.

But yeah, basically I'd rather be seen jumping onto the wellness wagon than the actual wagon. 

I still don't know really what my label is and I don't know why it concerns me so much. I've found the last week pretty easy, but then, I've had my husband not drinking too. I've done dry months (and longer dry spells - e.g. during both my pregnancies), so 1 week with no drinking isn't such a big achievement. But this is the first time I've felt like I've accepted it (rather than hated every minute and began planning what I was going to do the second I'm allowed to drink again).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here we go again

 Another year, another post.  Day 9 Not too bad. Am still feeling tired in the mornings, and headachy, but giddy with joy, that it's not...