Saturday 20 November 2021

Weekend again: Day 27 and 28

Made it through 4 weeks. Yay me. It hasn't felt anywhere near as hard as Dry January, Sober October, etc. Which is weird because on those months I have a clear end date, and I have my husband abstaining as well.

This time, hubby is rarely drinking (and not at home), but has had drinks a few times when we're out. I find I don't mind that at all - nor find it a trigger.

This Saturday we went to a BBQ with our old pre-married-with-kids housemates. It was a perfect daytime drinking event, and I even said as we were driving over that I would decide when I got there whether to drink or not. We stopped at a convenience store for drinks along the way and I saw the Heineken Zeros in the fridge so bought four of those instead of opting for Sapporos. 

I had a good time. I chatted with loads of people I haven't seen in a while; I was happy to keep an eye on the kids by the pool, rather than feel annoyed I was being pulled away from the party; and even though every other adult was drinking, no one was drunk drunk, so it was still easy to chat and keep up with the party vibe.

I also got complimented a couple of times on how I'm looking, so maybe dropping the 1000 calories a night of wine is finally starting to take effect - although I do have far more hot chocolate than is reasonable.

Anyway, not being hungover meant that Sunday was super fun. We swam in the morning, went for sushi for lunch, and then wandered round the mall with the kids. We stopped at a chocolate stand for ice-cream and hot chocolate (doh!), and then went to the supermarket together as a foursome. In the evening I started organising advent calendar crafts that have been weighing on my mind all week. Christmas is a comin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here we go again

 Another year, another post.  Day 9 Not too bad. Am still feeling tired in the mornings, and headachy, but giddy with joy, that it's not...