Sunday 7 November 2021

Day 13 and 14: Brunch without booze

Another weekend done and dusted.

It was reasonably easy this weekend, though I went to bed insanely early on Saturday night - 8.30pm.

Sunday morning I met husband and friends after their long morning bike ride for lunch. This usually means ordering Sapporos, and for the others, it still did. I did feel an urge to join in, but managed ok with sodas and was even happy to stay for two or three more past the initial call for 'one last round'. 

It seemed a lot easier than the other night's birthday drinks - not quite sure why. This kind of day drinking, in the glorious sunshine, with the whole Sunday ahead of me, is usually my favourite. So why was I able to weather this event better than the drinks earlier in the week?

Even my husband drinking didn't trigger me to join in. He asked if I minded (and I truly didn't), but I was surprised at how little I was affected. Yes, I felt the initial ooh, a nice cold beer would hit the spot much better than this soda, but it wasn't as strong a pull as I thought it'd be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Here we go again

 Another year, another post.  Day 9 Not too bad. Am still feeling tired in the mornings, and headachy, but giddy with joy, that it's not...