Friday 19 November 2021

Day 26: feel like a break

Nearly a month. It feels like time for a break. I really do like the idea of a decisive break rather than a slip. But am I just groping around for a way to dress up what is basically me saying urgh, pass the wine?

The wine witch says what would be so bad about a night off? You've earned it. And part of me agrees. Not everyone needs to give up forever. I can try moderation.

But I'm not doing this booze break to earn myself another drink. I'm trying to break a cycle. And doesn't the fact that it's now Friday and I'm trying to wiggle out of this contract to allow myself a drink (or 5) mean that I haven't yet broken that cycle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here we go again

 Another year, another post.  Day 9 Not too bad. Am still feeling tired in the mornings, and headachy, but giddy with joy, that it's not...