Monday 22 November 2021

Day 30: The wine witch vs the anti-wine witch

I keep having dreams about drinking or smoking - just general bad-for-you behaviour. Really strange. In some of them I get completely wasted and wake up with shame and misery. In others, like last night, I only have two glasses of wine and then in the morning I just feel flat and think, well, why did I even bother?

So, it makes zero sense that I was just sitting idling at my office desk, thinking maybe today is a day for getting a beer at a bar with my husband, or buying a nice bottle of red on my way home. Then I thought of the dream and how rubbish I felt until I woke up and realised it wasn't true.

But then I feel annoyed that I've not only got a wine witch, but an anti-wine witch, too. And I don't know which one of them is the real, rational me. Really, I can't just moderate and enjoy a drink with my husband? I've proved myself, haven't I? 30 days and counting. 

But THEN I remember Clare Pooley and Cath Gray, among others, saying:

Why do you keep doing the hard part over and over again?!

The first month is supposed to be the hardest - the good stuff comes later. I've heard that anyone sober curious should stick it out for 3 months before they make a decision. But with the Christmas period coming up, I'm not sure I want those three months to be now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Here we go again

 Another year, another post.  Day 9 Not too bad. Am still feeling tired in the mornings, and headachy, but giddy with joy, that it's not...