Friday 5 November 2021

Day 12: Friday again

I was on a live conference panel this morning, so the urge to celebrate it being over (I hate public speaking) with a drink reared its head, but was gone quite quickly. Part of me wants to go get some Heineken 0.0s to be our balcony beers this evening. But the other part of me can't be bothered, and wants to make a giant hot chocolate with the canned whipped cream I bought yesterday on top.

My husband raised / pointed out that we've not really replaced our drinks on the sofa time yet. We've done yoga one night, we've been night swimming a couple of nights, but we've not really got a regular replacement. I kind of know what he means, but also think that those other things (yoga, swimming, reading etc) are the replacements. 

Still it is noticeable that we're not lounging together until midnight with wine and music videos or crap TV that we can talk over. Even though those nights could be independently regarded as a complete waste of time, it was bonding time for us, and often had a lot of laughter and closeness. Some or even most of our decision-making has started from those sofa chats: holidays, kids, moving plans, jobs.

I'd like to recreate an environment where he and I talk and listen to music together, but maybe that'll come soon. 

Trying to look at positives, I definitely think it's a huge plus that we've barely had the TV on this week. We had it on for Succession on Monday and that's been it. Weekends are usually a bit more TV heavy, but we got into a good habit a while ago of taking it in turns to choose films after the kids have gone to bed.

Looking forward to another productive weekend, where I don't start it on the back foot with two bottles of wine and terrible sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Here we go again

 Another year, another post.  Day 9 Not too bad. Am still feeling tired in the mornings, and headachy, but giddy with joy, that it's not...